• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catling

Animal Crossing: FloVille RP

RP Header Image

bordertop.png.a865de8c5662cfa4f3ed0c1e2ff3ffd3.png

🌱 Hello There, New Arrival! 🍃
Mind if I sit by you? It's just that we don't get many people taking this line to our sleepy little town, kits!
Pardon my interruption... There! Now what brings you here? What's your name? Do you prefer cute or cool clothi-

Ah! Sorry! I got carried away again... It seems that the train has already arrived in FloVille, kits...

Perhaps it's better that you get yourself settled in first, you and I will have plenty of time to hang out later!
See you around, and ask for @catling if you need me, kits!

🌱 Information Centre 🏡
Hello and welcome to a brand new soothing RP experience on Furry Life Online!
FloVille RP is designed to be an ongoing collaborative experience where we can all drop in and chat away
in-character at our leisure. Indeed, hopefully it'll be a lovely way to get to know more people here!

The setting is the idyllic Animal Crossing town of FloVille, a quiet little town that has just opened up many
fresh new plots of land for furries to settle in on and make their very own. It seems like the countryside life
is about to get much busier, huh?

🌱 Guidebook 📗
It's pretty chill and open-ended here, but we will have some guidelines

1. No Godmode/Powerplay, Please do not take actions for other peoples' characters

2. Keep the atmosphere chilled-out and family-friendly. Take any non-chill business elsewhere!

3. Any writing ability level and post format is totally ok. Chat RP format is just fine, long posts too. If you'd like to write
in the style of Animal Crossing, that is also welcomed! You may even illustrate your posts or insert Animal Crossing
related media if you wish.

4. SOLO RP posts are welcome and encouraged, if you'd just like to post a drabble about your character pottering around,
that is more than welcome. If you would prefer that people do not reply to your post, please put SOLO at the top of your
post in golden letters so that people know it's just for you.

5. If you're keeping a specific conversation going, Try to reply to specific users with their @/username tag!
If someone has posted a SOLO tagged work, leave them in peace and avoid replying to them

🌱 Now Let's Head Out and Enjoy FloVille! 🏕

border.png.9c70916bdfea418e103d4de7aa57879a.png

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

dibs on this post too in case I need it, thanks~

Edited by catling
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The rickety door of the town hall creaks shut, accompanied by the tuneless jingle of the door chime.
Aria heaves a quiet sigh, then clenches her silvery-white paws, dancing a little jig of triumph.

"Yesss~! Finally all moved in, kits~!"

Almost as soon as she mews the words, she claps her paws over her mouth, looking around in embarrassment to make sure that nobody heard that little outburst. She'd moved to such a calm and peaceful little place, she'd hate to ruin the atmosphere for everyone else by being so rambunctious on her first week there... A determined expression replaces the one of embarrassment... Cool and calm and mature! That's what she had to be in a new place! Cool and calm, and...

Edited by catling
  • Like 3

Bustling about in the morning, a shorter pink haired sugar glider adjusts her apron.  It's a bright green apron, that she's wearing over a simple yellow sundress.  She checks the oven then turns back to her ingredients.  

"Hmm.  I don't know what I want to make.  I have to make a treat for my new neighbors!  I'll set up the rest of the house later!"  Glancing around the simple cabin you can see boxes piled in one half of the space.  It appears the only thing set up is the kitchen, which is simple, but cute.  Pink countertops, a sink, and a red oven sit next to a shiny white fridge.  Flour, sugar, and other baking ingredients sit on the counter.  

The bubbly girl scratches at her hair, cut in the style that shares her name.  "Oh! I think I saw some cherry trees not to far from here!  I could make cherry tarts!  Pixie, you're a genius!"  with a slight giggle she pulls the apron over her head, and folds it neatly on the kitchen table.  She picks a small basket up from the same table, then skips out the door.  

She hums a lively tune and skips in the direction of the delicious fruit trees.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Ka-chak!

The little silver key turns satisfyingly in the lock.
Aria enjoys the cherry-scented breeze that weaves around the swaying trees, before taking the first bold step into the tiny little cabin that she could now officially call home. It was tiny, yes, but all paid off and all hers! She busied herself around the kitchen, tidying trinkets here and there, putting away months-old budget memos that she fiiiinally didn't need to worry about for now.

Through the slightly dust-speckled window, a cheerful-looking figure - as startlingly pink-haired as Aria was - was intermittently visible between the rich foliage of the orchard's trees.

Aria sets down an armful of clutter, eyes lighting up. Someone she hadn't met yet! Curiosity sparked within her chest, and before she could care to register the mess she'd just created by dumping all her stuff back on the table, busy little steps carried her out of the door and into the garden.
"Hi there, kits~!!!”

Edited by catling
  • Like 1

Pixie easily found the trees, and was delighted to see them full of fruit.  She also spotted another cabin, and made a mental note to make it her first stop once her treats were done.

She set ger basket on the ground then frowned.  She was not very tall, and the cherries were a good way up the tree.  Without some kind of ladder there was no way to reach them.  She gave the tree an experimental shake, but only 2 or 3 fell.  

"Oh sweetness! I could climb I guess, but this dress would be ruined!"  She grabbed at her bushy tail, combing it with her fingers when a friendly voice startled her.  She squeaked and turned to the approaching neighbour.  "I'm sorry! Are these your cherries? May I take some? I'm baking and they look like they would make amazing tarts, sweetness!"

"Helloooo~ Yes, you're welcome to them ki-"

Tiny paws loose their footing on the soft earthy ground, and in a flurry of fur, ruffles, and scattered leaves, Aria is sent flying!
She tumbles towards the sugar glider, heading right for the tre-

"OOF-"

The silver tabby faceplants firmly on the bark of the tree, and slides comically but slightly painfully down its surface, coming to rest on the ground. Her whiskers twitch with indignation and embarrassment as she extracts herself from the soil, swaying gently and disoriented from the impact. Tears form in the corners of her eyes.

"Uuuu... So much for first impressions, kits..."

• Like 1

Pixie gasped and clasped her hands to her face as the silver tabby collided with the tree.    She hurried over once the newcomer had made it back to her feet. 
"Oh No!  are you okay, sweetness?  That was quite a tumble!"  she reached into the basket and pulled out the towel she had set in the bottom to help protect any tender cherries she picked.  She offered the towel, concern in her face.  "Is there anything I can do for you?"  She turned this way and that, looking for anyone else who might be able to help. Seeing no one she danced in place nervously.   Her first day in the new town and she didn't know anyone, or what to do!

• Like 1

*Aria flails her paws rapidly in front of her face, she sweats slightly with the effort of trying to repair her poor first impression, waving the towel away.*

"I'm simply.. Simply perfect, kits! Ah, look, though! I knocked some cherries to the ground, isn't that great, kits?"

*Slightly trembling, she holds up the cherries to the newcomer, in her paws are two perfectly normal cherries, and... One pair that gleams with an unusual lustre! The red of the fruits is glossy and tempting, and there is a tinge of golden sunset-yellow too. Aria's eyes widen. Could these possibly be...

• Like 1

Pixie carefully folds the towel and sets it back in the basket.  She smiles and holds out a paw.  " I'm glad you're okay!  Hi! I'm Pixie!  I just moved here and it's nice to meet you, sweetness!"  She waits for a moment then looks down at the cherries.  "Those look a little weird?  I've never seen a cherry that looks like that before!"  

She bends down and carefully picks it up.  "They look really good though! I bet they'll make amazing tarts!  Unless you want them?  They did come from your trees!"  She brightens, almost glowing with flowery joy and offers the shiny fruit to the tabby.

Red sighed as he laid on top of the boxes in house, waiting to be unpacked. He had only arrived in town that morning, bright and early, ready to get things arranged so that he could focus on not being socially awkward in his new home. However, after heaving his boxes from the train's unloading area and getting them into his new house, he realized that doing all that arranging himself was... not the most fun idea in the world. Before, Red had his friend to help pack things up and get them to the train for loading, but now that he was on his own, he felt the energy draining.

Staring at his ceiling, the bear decided that staying locked up for the day to finish what he started was probably not the best idea. So instead, Red hoisted himself onto his feet again, smoothed down his arctic-camo tee and black shorts, then proceeded to leave his half put-together home. Exploring will be good for me! I still have no idea where the market is... I should see if I can find it, or someone who can point me in the right direction. he decided, giving all directions leading away from his home a good, long look. "Hm.. I came from the train station that way... So maybe... This way?" Red pointed himself to the west and began walking, always keeping track of where the train station would be from him so as not to get horribly lost.

• Like 1

The chocolate panda had kept mostly to herself on the train ride in. Glad to have heard of the new little town early on before too many other's had moved in, though that was really only so she had a good choice of where to setup. Her little home more towards the outer edge of FloVille and surrounded by trees with the little river going right by the side of it. 

She had spotted a few others around, going about their own business and had considered going over to say hello. Yet she ended up just deciding to stay home. After all they looked busy and she didn't want to interrupt them. Choosing instead to focus more on just unpacking and setting things up just how she wanted them in her little space.

• Like 1

Pixie hurried back home, singing to herself as she did.  She'd met a new friend, given her that very shiny cherry, and was excited to talk more, but she needed to get back to her baking.  As she walked she looked at all the other houses, making a mental note of which ones had people inside so she could be sure to bring them some of the tarts.   

She paused a moment in the door, looking at all the boxes that still needed put away,   but she shrugged  
"I can do that while the tarts are in the oven!"  She smiled and set to work making her treats.  Singing and dancing around the kitchen as she did,  her windows propped open to enjoy the nice day.

• Like 1

Large clawed footprints were left embedded in the sand as the gator-like sarkal walked along the shore, picking up bits of coral and twitching her headfins as fish splashed just yards away. She was a new resident in this quiet little town, having opted for a property near the coveted view of an ocean sunrise rather than something closer to the town center. It was serene here. Calm, simplistic, minimal. Just the change she needed from the life she'd left behind. She hadn't brought many belongings and her house was bare, but that doesn't matter much if you don't spend much time at home. She preferred the outdoors and meeting the other townsfolk.

• Like 1

While the tarts were baking, and then cooling,  Pixie finished unpacking.  She looked around the kitchen with a happy smile and sang a little tune.  She was proud of her little house.   It mostly contained the lovely series she had saved up and purchased when she could.  The kitchen, table, vanity, loveseat and dresser were all from the lovely set.   It was her bed however she was proudest of.  She'd spent so much time saving from fishing, collecting fruit, and bugs and eventually had the funds to buy a Sweets Bed.  Her pink house matched he pink hair, and she was happy.

She collected the tats on a tray and looked around.  "I know I had a map of the town somewhere!  I need to know where everyone's houses are!"  It was only after about ten minutes of searching did she realize that the piece of paper she'd made notes on the back of... then used under the cooling rack to catch drippings... was her town map.  
"I guess I'll head to the town hall and ask for a new one!"  She gathered up the tray and made her way outside, locking the door.  She paused a moment, one hand on her chin quizzically.  "Which way was the town hall again?  This way?"  Picking a random direction the scatterbrained little glider skipped onwards.  If she passed any houses or ran into anyone she would be sure to give them a tart and introduce herself

In Red's random explorations of the town in search of the second-hand shop, he had somehow managed to find his way to the beach at the edge of town, sand getting between his toes and shaking out of his fur while he walked. After walking so long on the dirt and grass it was actually a nice change, so he began walking along the perimeter, slowly so as not to scare the fish despite not having a fishing rod on him. He'd saved enough money to keep in-pocket after his move to buy a new set of equipment - his original set he'd had for years and was showing wear and tear - and a couple other things he'd need in case he couldn't make more bells in the new town right away.

The bear had thought that he'd be the only one walking the sands during this time of day, but he was proven incorrect when he saw another figure collecting seashells as they passed. For a moment he was confused, having been born in a town with mostly forest folk and nothing else, but he'd read about other places and people all the time back home to try and find out what other people he could meet when he finally saw more of the world. Putting his brightest smile on for the sarkal, he kept his slow pace as he made his way along the beach, picking up a stray shell as he went and keeping it in his hands. "Uh- hello!" he greeted the stranger, voice a bit louder than intended due to some nerves still thrumming in him. "My name's Red. I saw you were collecting some of these, I have one too if you want it." the burgundy bear raised the shell in his hands to show her.

@Ammy Rootpaws

Pixie kept wandering, smiling and enjoying the nice day.  It was such a beautiful town, and she was so lucky to live here.  She still didn't know where the town hall was, but she wasn't in a rush.  She followed a butterfly as it fluttered around.  She smelled some tulips, thinking about picking a few to decorate her yard later.  She was a very happy glider.

After a good hour she found the river.  She watched a fish splash on the surface, and then decided to follow it.  
"I now which way the beach is, so following this should get me somewhere, sweetness!"  She skipped alongside the riverbank, watching the fish and small insects on the surface.  It wasn't too long before she spotted a house.  

"Well this looks like a nice place to start! I'll see if someone is home, and introduce myself!"  She walked up to the door checking the basket of tarts was secure.  Taking a deep breath she adjusted her dress, then knocked on the door.   
"Hello? Anyone home?  I'm your new neighbor and I have treats!"

@PandaAlissca

Posted (edited)

Jumping in surprise at the new voice that had caught her off guard, Magnolia's eyes widened in shock for a brief second before relaxing. Oh, just another villager, no dangerous sea sirens- not this time at least.

"What? Oh, these here shells? Yeah, I 've been collecting a few along the shore, they look so pretty and still smell like the nice deep salty ocean, but that one you have is a real beaut' ! I'll trade you all of these ones here for that un', if that suits ya." she said, excitedly wriggling whilst quickly scooping all of the collected seashells from the bottom of her sack and holding them out in her fatty sarkal paws, the webbing between her digits catching the smaller bits and the sand that tried to escape.

@galactic-trash

Edited by Ammy Rootpaws
adding tag

Red opened his mouth to apologize when the sarkal looked startled, but shut it again when she seemed to calm down right away. Keeping his bright smile up, the bear shook his head a little as he held out the shell to her. "I don't need a trade, I'm sure you'll put these to better use than I ever could." he replied, taking a glance around before looking at her again. "If you insist on a trade though, I wouldn't mind getting a guide to the second-hand shop? I'm awful at directions, and honestly found my way here on accident." he continued with a laugh, the last part of his sentence being quieter than the rest.

He really needed to remember to grab his map before heading off places. When he even remembered he had the darned thing it took a lot of trial and error to read it correctly though..
Before he could get lost in a train of thought, Red brought himself back to the present. "By the way, what's your name?"

@Ammy Rootpaws

(ooc: ive never done anything like this before so please lmk if im doing something wrong!!)

link to all the pixels i use here: x

image image image imageimageimagetumblr_inline_nftshfr4jW1siyl8l.gif

image ok, now just remember what you rehearsed...

"hi! im rose, and my hobbies are planting flowers, collecting kk slider songs, and wearing clothes made by the best designers from all over the world! ...i also may or may not have a crush on kicks."

wait. was that last part really part of my introduction? oh well. the train is pulling in to the station soon!

imageimage

image well, ive managed to get here and unpack. i dont have much but hopefully over time i can build up my dream home!

for now, i better take a walk around and start looking for some beautiful flowers and maybe meet the others around town.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Like 1

Mocha felt a bit of relief as she saw other animals getting off at the same train station as her. FloVille... It'd seemed like a nice place, the summer air warm but not overwhelming. She nodded to herself and stepped out to wander around the town, eyeing the shops before coming up on the town hall.

"Gosh... I really hope that I get to make lots of nice friends here. I wonder if there's an empty house I can take..."

Mocha entered the town hall and after sorting a few things out headed for her new home. The house was small and simple but it was enough. The tanuki put the few things she brought with her away and then headed outside. She'd gotten lucky, her house was sitting on the edge of a little meadow, plenty of space to put together a flower garden and all sorts of nice decorations. She put out a picnic blanket and laid down to enjoy a nice little nap in the shade.

"Mmm.. I think I'm gonna like it here..."

IMG_1015.PNG.a8bb7b1a2b52ccf5c13c4920ace7e078.PNG

• Like 1

"The thrifty shop? Sure can sugar, it's a little ways but in this here town, ever route is da' scenic route." she said as she put away the shells and very carefully took the one he offered, tenderly placing it along with the others in her knapsack, it would look great on her dresser in front of the window along with the others. 

"My name's Magnolia, Magnolia Mudfins, but most just call me Mags or Maggy. Hmm the thrifty shop...the path up this here shore will be the best way to get going, I'll walk ya there neighbor." she said, beginning to make her way.

@galactic-trash

imageimageimageimageimage      imageimage imageimage imageimage     imageimageimage

image yes!! another villager! i better go introduce myself..

"um, hi! im rose. i love flowers, designing kk slider and collecting clothes!"

come on! i practiced this at least a thousand times!!! 

"...i meant i collect kk slider and design clothes!  sorry, i haven't met anyone yet and wanted to introduce myself, but i got tripped up a little bit, lol!"

oh yeah, i better ask about these!

"say, have you gotten a card like this yet? here's mine. sorry my handwriting is a bit messy, lol!"

23128487_tpccomplete.png.a4bdaae4ca718079cfdfbf01a7b4bc4a.png 

"i even found some blank ones for everyone to use!" (right click and open in new tab for the full size, credit here: x)

tumblr_mratv1YDqQ1qa6dm1o2_640.png.e10bda1d82d472d8a5c33491386c8c3f.pngtumblr_mratv1YDqQ1qa6dm1o1_1280.png.7196efc1ac9825424e5b2977c271a2aa.png

"i would love to chat if you would like, but if you're busy i can go visit kicks look around main street!"

imageimageimageimageimage      imageimage imageimage      imageimageimage

@CoffeeTanuki

• Like 2

Red made sure to hold still while she took the shell, not wanting either of them to drop it, before relaxing as it got into her bag. He then breathed a sigh of relief when the sarkal- Maggy!- began showing him the way to the second-hand shop. "Thanks a ton, I've been trying to find it since I took a break from unpacking and haven't had any luck. Pretty lucky to run into a new neighbor though!" he replied, following her with a bounce in his step.

Looking around, he could tell that she was right. Though the town seemed to be growing a population like weeds, it was still mostly untouched ground and plants and insects, not too many public projects were around, and they had mostly seemed to be by places with houses already. This place definitely has some growing to do, but everything is so nice here. I'm really glad I chose this town. Taking a look back at his new guide, Red gave a wide smile. "How long have you been in FloVille? I just got all the boxes into my home early this morning."

@Ammy Rootpaws

Posted (edited)

Mocha gets up and dusts herself off a little.

"Hi Rose! I'm Mocha! Please feel free to hang out, I'm new here so I'd love to spend some time getting to know you better. As for myself, I love to grow flowers too! You never know what you might get. I like fishing and home decor too!"

She smiles, then a sudden idea strikes her. She quickly runs over to the nearest cherry tree to try and shake some of the little fruits down for her new friend. She comes back, cherries in hand.

"Here, please have one!"

@rose_stars

Edited by CoffeeTanuki
Typo