Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mementos

What do you love most about the furry fandom?

This is just a general question for those who love being part of the community, and have their favorite things about it!
Mine is the creativity that comes out of everyone, even those who think that they can't be creative at all. Between the artwork, fursuits, stories, music, games, and more, it's just simply astounding as to how much can be created in such a place like this.

The amount of freedom with it too is also amazing. :0

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Personally I love the creativity in so many mediums, there are artists of so many types, digital, traditional, sewing, crafting, music and it is absolutely amazing.

It's also the diversity of the fandom and how accepting we are too though, there a people along the whole spectrum of LGBT and of varying disabilities and mental illnesses. We are such a loving community. ^^

Edited by Rainward
  • Like 6

I love that it's all about animals! And y'all don't think I'm weird for loving skunks, opossums, mice, etc :'D irl people usually say "oh ew mice carry disease" or "[myth #312546 about opossums]". i love how much love there is in the fandom for underappreciated animals. 😭

• Like 2

The social aspect. Namely, cons.

Most days, I'm out doing the boring adult things to stay above water: work, bills, school, investments, etc.

But a few days out of the year I get to dress up like an animal and then party like one. 

I also love that this fandom is the reason I met my wonderful husband, and many of my closest friends.

• Like 3

i get to be whatever i want!! like don't get me wrong humans are fine, but what other fandom lets you be a monster?
not to mention the lgbt side and the artistic side! everyone got a nice flavor and i hella dig it!

• Like 4

For me, the interaction between the people is what seems to do the trick. At times it feels like a big family or an army of heroes fighting for the same purpose. I love how people can get creative in a quite limitless manner and gather up to chat, befriend, have their characters interact, get pieces of art together and everything of the sorts. It feels like people combine their own inner worlds creating a bigger one, accepting of everyone. It's true that conflict can also occur but I'm the kind of person to accept the negative parts too in order to have some kind of balance.

It's also a form to get to know the other person better, what they're into and such, and bringing people who are at a distance closer, together. And that's just amazing to see.

• Like 2

Prooobably the animal themes and seeing the kind of stuff people are capable of doing in art with anthros. The expression with the use of character representations are also a huge part of the appeal for me.

• Like 2

I often enjoy a lot of creativity some people put into their characters, especially when there is a good story to them as well. However, there is "The bad side" I greatly dislike. I love animals, and I think it's great a lot of artists can draw things I can never even dream of and put life into people's ideas. I guess that's the main reason I stick around. 😛 

• Like 2

Hands down it's the creativity that draws me in. There are so many awesome works that have come out of it and it's cool to see how others like to express themselves through the characters. 

• Like 1

It was generally the cartoon/toony art that drawn me in all the back in 2015!

Honestly, it's the creativity and tight-knitted community, it seems everyone is hugely on-board with the former.

• Like 1

Probably how there can be such a variety in species, personalities, subcultures, and mindsets yet we remain an accepting and beautiful community. 

• Like 1

For me it's the art.

There is plenty of good artists, or interesting art styles.

And I also simply like the idea of animals in the place of humans. It combines all the best things together. 🙂

• Like 1

i like that theres lots of talking-animal type of characters

especially bc those kinds of characters are rare (or at least vastly outnumbered by humanoid characters)  outside of the furry fandom

also the original species are fun

This community always felt like a big goofy family to me. Complete with that one creepy uncle. XD Jokes aside, when i had trouble being social and just getting to know people, this community was there for me, and helped me grow as a person. Sure it seems silly, but it did help.

• Like 1

That's a hard question... Hm... I suppose it's the art! But the fursuits also... I love both so much. ;^; ❤❤❤

Agreed! The creativity from the fandom is so inspiring and fun to see. 😄

I got a last-minute chance to attend Megaplex last weekend, and experiencing how kind and sweet everyone was encouraged me to properly return to the fandom again. I missed how welcoming and expressive everything is here, and I'm super happy to be apart of it again - I feel like I can be myself here more than in other communities! 

When I was previously apart of it as a teenager, I only admired everyone from afar and was too shy to approach/be fully active in the fandom. But now I'm ready to be more involved and share my art here, and also meet fellow artist and furs. ^-^