Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ammy Rootpaws

If You Could Travel Anywhere...

...and you had saved an ample sum (enough for you to have a good experience, visit some tourist attractions, and make some memories, but not enough to have a 24/7 bottle service party in the finest hotels and the best caviar that the chef has to offer), where would you go and what would the top three things be that you'd want to do while you're there?

Random question I know, but hey it could start a conversation 🙂 

I'll go first. I'd go to Japan (so original, I know), and my top three things would be to hike the Shinto Pilgrimage (read about it in a travel book once and have wanted to do it ever since), geek out over a bunch of vending machines, and visit the town at the base of Mt. Fuji for the view and food.

How about ya'll, any dream destinations?

• Like 1

Stonehenge. I've always wanted to visit and I have friends who live nearby.

• Like 1

There are a lot of places I want to go @[email protected] I'd love to go to interior Alaska and spend some time out exploring. So if the money could go towards survival equipment, then hell yeah +n+ As for the three things:

1. Camping/surviving out there for awhile! I've never stayed out in the cold though so I have a lot of. . . test runs, to do first. qwq
  2. Hot springs! I'd love to stop by Chena Hot Springs.
  3. Tours. I love love love tours and museums ;; I don't care what they're for, I just enjoy going!

Had the Malamute Saloon not closed, I would have loved to go there. My old English teacher ranted and raved about it, read the class the poem, etc. = w= but it's closed. 

22 minutes ago, Skunk said:

There are a lot of places I want to go @[email protected] I'd love to go to interior Alaska and spend some time out exploring. So if the money could go towards survival equipment, then hell yeah +n+ As for the three things:

1. Camping/surviving out there for awhile! I've never stayed out in the cold though so I have a lot of. . . test runs, to do first. qwq
  2. Hot springs! I'd love to stop by Chena Hot Springs.
  3. Tours. I love love love tours and museums ;; I don't care what they're for, I just enjoy going!

Had the Malamute Saloon not closed, I would have loved to go there. My old English teacher ranted and raved about it, read the class the poem, etc. = w= but it's closed. 

Oh my gosh I loved Alaska! We spent 2 weeks backpacking and carpooling around (Fairbanks to Valdez to North Pole to Fairbanks) with my old venture crew (coed boy/girl scouts). If you've never read it, I recommend the poem "The cremation of Sam McGee". We read it around a campfire at twilight while camping near a glacier. Whoooo boy that sent chills. The scout leader who read it had this deep rumbling voice that just made it so perfect. 10/10 would recommend this trip.

I'd love to visit one of those quiet islands around Scotland, just to stay there for a little while with all the peace in the World~

Or anywhere quiet, so long as there's electricity

• Like 1

The Pan de Azúcar National Park in Chile! It's at the very top of bucket list of places I want to visit, hopefully multiple times. I've been in love with deserts since I was just a little kid, and the Atacama really drew me in. 

38 minutes ago, jackalloops said:

The Pan de Azúcar National Park in Chile! It's at the very top of bucket list of places I want to visit, hopefully multiple times. I've been in love with deserts since I was just a little kid, and the Atacama really drew me in. 

Just looked up some pics and it looks beautiful !

If I could travel anywhere like right now I would go to the Fushimi Inari Shrine again for a week or so. Then go to Norway and backpack the land of my family and learn more of my history.

• Like 1

I've already been, but I'd go back to Ireland. Go back to my roots ❤️
I'm Irish myself as is most of my family (but I've lived in the States my whole life) and when I last got to visit Ireland I felt so at home.
Otherwise, since I live in a rural area I'm very outdoorsy and I enjoy activities like horseback riding, hiking, etc, so I'd probably maybe go to like...Arkansas or Wyoming. Somewhere wide, open, and gorgeous to look at!

• Like 2

Ooo, I'd absolutely love to spend maybe a week at this one arctic resort up in Finland, where they have cabin-esque lodgings that resemble igloos with a glass dome for a roof. If you go during the right season, you can look up at the night sky while in bed and just watch the stars and the northern lights together. It sounds absolutely breathtaking. 

• Like 2

Alaska, Canada, and Japan are all places I'd like to go. I'm actually currently like 5 minutes from the border to Canada, but I don't have a passport yet to go there or the money to just spend time there in general haha. But It's something I'd like to do.
Alaska has a lot of mountains, wilderness, and animals I'd like to explore and see for myself, I've watched videos on people living there and just thought it would be a really nice place to visit. And to see the dog sled race stuff
Japan, just like every other weeb out there, I'd love to go there and experience the culture. I'd love to go to their forests to enjoy life there, and experience it for myself

For me, places are not as attractive as the people I share my life with. So I would travel wherever my friends are, without caring where that may be. Then I would simply take my best friend and travel through a lot of places. I find that each country has its own special air and seeing just a bit of everything is a goal in my life. Bonus points if I get to spend that precious time with someone special.

On 7/2/2019 at 6:36 AM, PlushPaws said:

Is it way too weird if I just wish I could travel to the Zoo in next city?

I am not that much of a traveler, I quess I do not have much of any traveling ambitions either.

Lots of great opportunities for wonderful memories there, I've been to a few and so far the Omaha zoo was the most impressive

On 7/3/2019 at 7:43 AM, AlwaysTired said:

If I could travel anywhere, I think it'd be kinda cool to see Japan. Different cultures interest me.

Same here 🙂 What would you like to see the most? 

This is gonna sound pretty cringy, but after hearing about a Miyazaki theme park (which may or may not exist?), I think it'd be cool to go there. Pretty fun, too.

1 hour ago, AlwaysTired said:

This is gonna sound pretty cringy, but after hearing about a Miyazaki theme park (which may or may not exist?), I think it'd be cool to go there. Pretty fun, too.

Mebbe we could get the group discount lol I'd love to go

I'd love to visit Europe! I don't know why, but I've always wanted to go there. I want to stay there long enough to pick up the accent. I love the accents there! I know that's dumb but meh. I also really want to go to Antarctica. I like cold weather and I want to see the Aurora Borealis (A.K.A. the Northern Lights)!