Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reverie

Does your fursona stay the same age or does it age with you?

Or, optionally, does your fursona age in a different way? e.g. dog years

I don't have one, but if I did, it would probably stay the same age forever.

• Like 1

I sort of do both, I usually consider my OC and I to always be the same age, but when I refer to the lore and story of him I have a set age for him somewhere between 15-25

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zemble said:

I sort of do both, I usually consider my OC and I to always be the same age, but when I refer to the lore and story of him I have a set age for him somewhere between 15-25

Ooh, how interesting...   o:
That's really neat! Never considered doing both at the same time, haha.

Toy Tala has always been the same age as me. Hell, we share a birthday. Old Tala doesn't, she's one/two year/s older than us. Old Tala has a younger "body," and that's mainly because she's still half animatronic. Toy Tala acts younger than her age.

• Like 1

nah! that's because my fursona never really had a set age to begin with.
combine that with a constant identity crisis, and you have your answer. :'0

• Sad 1

i've actually considered making my ocs age based on how old their toyhou.se profile is and what i originally set their age as!!!!!  i think it'd be fun to celebrate 28+ birthdays a year 🤣

• Like 1

my sonas age was older than i was before, but ive since caught up to her!! (19) and her "birthday" is the day i published her first ref sheet to dA but she doesnt really age up i guess lol

• Like 1

I plan on him staying 21 for quite some time, but honestly I imagine It'll get pretty weird being middle-aged and having a young fursona, so If I'm still furry trash by the time I'm a grey muzzle, I'd probably age him up with me and get a new reference showing said age difference.

It's something I think about quite often, honestly. Growing up is depressing.

• Like 1

all my ocs are different ages, and my fursona rein actually isn’t the same age as me!

i’ll probably age him up when we are the same age so idk

• Like 1

Honestly never really thought of my sonas in terms of age, I guess they're a static character in my mind, bending to whatever age or stage of life I need them to be. 

• Like 3

ive always usually started my fursona @ age: child

meaning I always used them for roleplays, and they'd be feral, so they'd be a kitten and grow up in the roleplay as an example 

but outside of roleplay? For the most part, my sonas followed my age! it was only in roleplay that they had separate ages, and he age could also fluctuate depending on the rp. It wasn't until much later, probably when I was 16-17 I started kind of separating the ages. Only my main fursona keeps close to my age, while the others differentiate and usually stick to the ages of how old I was when I used them the most

i imagine as I go older I will think of my sonas less as sonas and rather just characters with their own personalities and stories that may differentiate from me(even if I still connect to them, I'd connect to them in a way that it'd represent my past)

• Like 1

Honestly, never really thought about it.
I think the only sona of mine that even has an age down is my Bunyip, Gedala, and even then it's "Unknown" cause they're a spirit/monster and so don't really age and such?

So more than likely they follow my age but *shrugs* probably just be whatever age I want them to be when I need it.

• Like 2

Mine ages with me (they can't be 13 forever) as I just feel it's more natural to have a fursona the same age if it's meant to represent all of me!

• Like 1

That's a very good question...I've never really given it much thought before, truth be told.
I guess in a way I perceive my fursona as about my same age, but mentally younger? My sona is very naive and mischievous and I think that's something that's more fun to present as someone that's younger vs someone that's older? If that makes sense? 
He kind of has that childlike innocence personality in a way I guess you could say. But honestly...I just like keeping my characters ages unknown otherwise I feel like there's this expectation of how "they're supposed to act for their age".

• Like 1

I try to mimic my OC, especially in terms of age and his hair. Abit, he's 19 but I am currently 18, but I'll be 19 in 15 days!

Although, his personality is more of a stress reliever for me; his character is pretentious and just overall smug.

• Like 1

my main oc is older than me!! i dont rlly have a sona or anything that 100% represents me kkff.

i age my ocs kinda weird??
I celebrate their birthdays every year, so they techniclly age at the same pace as me (Like my main would be turning 21 this year when i made him at age 18)
but they also have a "default" age (the age they were when i made them)
but they ALSO age in their canon stories (which starts at age 8 and ends at 52 for my main lol)

so i think it gets confusing for people when i go "aw anthonys turning 21" yet continue to write "18" on his ref ksksks

• Like 1

my fursona is basically a demon/god/demigod??? so they forever look like a 20 year old child but, i usually say they LOOK like around my age

• Like 1

I always felt mixed about this. At one hand, I wanted my fursona to be the age of me, since it should represent me. At other hand, it would be weird have changing age if my fursona would interact with other characters that have set age.

Right now I have weird mix. My fursona's spirit is really old, but her phisical body is as old as I am in real life. However, her physical body is also catch in some kind of loop, so it stays the same. So, yes, she technically ages, but it is not often mentioned since there is no actual change.

Wow, I am not even sure if it makes sense, to be honest.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 7:16 PM, God said:

I plan on him staying 21 for quite some time, but honestly I imagine It'll get pretty weird being middle-aged and having a young fursona, so If I'm still furry trash by the time I'm a grey muzzle, I'd probably age him up with me and get a new reference showing said age difference.

imagine being a 60 year old furry

and actually calling yourself a grey muzzle

4 minutes ago, SleepyVampires said:

the idea is pretty unsettling, but sadly i've encountered many people who fit that description. (i've legitimately met a fursuiter in his 70's.)

i'm gonna hate being old either way duuuuuuude.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 6:33 PM, SleepyVampires said:

hey! grey muzzles are valid. D:<

4 hours ago, Mementos said:

hey! grey muzzles are valid. D:<

idk about that. i oppress boomers so current grey muzzles arent valid. future grey muzzles will be

boomers arent valid

My characters are strange, because of the way I RP and write, they have no real set age, and age is kinda a character dependent thing for me.

• Like 1