Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upcoming: Core Rewrite

• Community Administrator

Hello everyone, 

As some may be aware, I have been working on finding an alternative to the current Invision CMS that runs our back end systems. I believe I have found a solution and have started work on getting things ready for conversion. I've included some information and screenshots of the new system below.

Changes in the new system:

New text editor. Supports both WYSIWYG and BBCode.

Gallery will be merged with Musicbox, and renamed Media. Currently in the process of deciding how categories will be laid out in this system.

Clubs will be changing into Groups. Owners will have more fine tuned controls for these, as well as the ability to change the club type (public, closed, private), have multiple forums in a traditional forum list, and more.

I am still working on finding a solution and conversion for our current Literature system.

Areas of the site will have color-coding to denote whether they're a General, Mature, or Adult area. These colors will show above reply boxes as well as the top of the page.

New block system, which will work similar to Twitter. When you block someone, they cannot see you and your content, and you won't see theirs. There are options available that can change this, but by default this is how the new system will work.

Entirely overhauled site design.

If you have any questions about this rework, please don't hesitate to ask! Ill answer what I can answer definitive, or find solutions where I can't.

Faithfully yours,

Venthas

20200926_190349.jpg20200926_193333.jpg20200926_193353.jpg20200926_193401.jpgScreenshot_20200926-233658_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200926-233747_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200926-234121_Chrome.jpg20200926_234205.jpg20200926_234219.jpgScreenshot_20200927-202709_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200927-210805_Chrome.jpgimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngScreenshot_20200928-140828_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200928-141023_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200928-141051_Chrome.jpg

• Love 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone,  As some may be aware, I have been working on finding an alternative to the current Invision CMS that runs our back end systems. I believe I have found a solution and have started

Alpha Update List (As it stands so far): General User ignore and block systems updated. Users can now manage 2 way ignore functionality, with options on how this i

It's all looking amazing! Thank you so much for all your hard work! :D 

Posted Images

this looks great! if anything, i'd just be sure there's a way for colorblind people to tell which category they're looking at. maybe just some text or logo that says "General" or "Adult" in addition to the color coding. otherwise i'm very excited for the update !!

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Spyro said:

this looks great! if anything, i'd just be sure there's a way for colorblind people to tell which category they're looking at. maybe just some text or logo that says "General" or "Adult" in addition to the color coding. otherwise i'm very excited for the update !!

A good point. Maybe changing general to Blue? Could use ideas for colors there. The categories also do show in the breadcrumbs at the top and bottom of the page.

• Thanks 2
Just now, 2bruza said:

are there going to be beta testers for the rewrite or is that not possible?

Its going to be possible once we get to the point where I'm happy with the systems in place. Like I said, still trying to find a replacement and conversion for Literature.

• Love 1

I love the color coding! It'll be really handy and I don't think I've seen other sites do that. Personally its hard to make comparisons from screenshots but it all seems pretty good looking.

• Thanks 1

Sounds spiffy so far! On the new blocking feature though, will it still give you the option to view someone's content like the current ignore feature does? 

2 minutes ago, Arris said:

Sounds spiffy so far! On the new blocking feature though, will it still give you the option to view someone's content like the current ignore feature does? 

Yes, its an option in the system itself.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Tamara said:

What alternative will the new FLO use? Is it custom code or another CMS?

Another cms that has some better features.

• Thanks 1

This is how images will be inserted into text in the new editor. Furthermore, this is a new type of content that we'll be introducing with the core rewrite. This type of content will be called "Articles". This shows off the editor and the Articles forum that will be getting it's own area with the coming change. Most likely, our Literature section will be using the same features presented here unless I can work our another solution. Since we've been asked about including long-form writing that isn't literature, I think this is the way we will accomplish this. And yes, those are editor "drop downs" that you're seeing in some of the images. In this manner, we can include more editor options even on smaller screens.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

And the PWA:

Screenshot_20201003-170232_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-170300_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-170416_Chrome.jpg

Edit:

Screenshot_20201003-175853_One UI Home.jpg

And profile banners:

Screenshot_20201003-174043_Chrome.jpg

• Love 2

very excited about articles! this is all looking amazing so far. thanks for working so hard on it!

are images able to be enlarged/shrunk in the new text editor, or are my eyes tricking me?

10 minutes ago, wizard said:

very excited about articles! this is all looking amazing so far. thanks for working so hard on it!

are images able to be enlarged/shrunk in the new text editor, or are my eyes tricking me?

They aren't tricking you. They're able to be resized in 2 ways: grabbing a corner, or using the "resize" arrows (2nd from left option) in the image controls.

• Love 2

I'm loving how this is coming along! The fluid width button is catching my eye-- will that be snapping all the content into a container for larger screens?

Also out of curiosity: would this core rewrite happen to simplify the way colours are assigned to things in the code? I keep wanting to play with the css to make custom site themes and such but can't quite figure out the organization haha

12 minutes ago, mosspond said:

I'm loving how this is coming along! The fluid width button is catching my eye-- will that be snapping all the content into a container for larger screens?

Also out of curiosity: would this core rewrite happen to simplify the way colours are assigned to things in the code? I keep wanting to play with the css to make custom site themes and such but can't quite figure out the organization haha

Yep, if I recall correctly it snaps either to 995px or 95% on desktop.

As far as reassignment of colors for custom themes, there's still quite a bit of CSS involved. However, editing the banner colors (such as the purple/green/orange/red) should be easy enough.

1 minute ago, Venthas said:

Yep, if I recall correctly it snaps either to 995px or 95% on desktop.

As far as reassignment of colors for custom themes, there's still quite a bit of CSS involved. However, editing the banner colors (such as the purple/green/orange/red) should be easy enough.

Exciting!! Goodbye, scary line lengths.

And haha yeah i thought about as much, but it's what it is! So excited to see this all go to beta/live ^^

• Thanks 1

I am going to start providing some limited alpha access. If you're interested, please get in touch!

• Love 1

Hum, re-looking at these screenshots, does anyone else feel that the bars at the top indicating the content rating look a bit too bright? Considering the default theme is dark, more muted colors, it doesn't quite feel appropriate to color that sort of thing so brightly if it's not a button or something.