Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Thread for Remembrance

Today, I learned that one of my buddies from high school passed away way, sadly this happened a couple of years ago when I had no FB access (thanks, incompetent engineers!)

In this somber, but maybe not sober thread, we remember our lost pals. RIP Omar, my bassist brother-in-arms. Your two bands live on and miss you dearly. \m/ ^>.<^ \m/

Edited by BejeweledFox
My spelling can be atrocious at times when my keyboard is crowded with a cat. :3
  • Love 4
  • Sad 4

my condolenses goes towards your friend. ;v;

i had a friend of mine who passed away last month on september 22nd from covid-19, and though i didn't know them as much, but i really do miss them and that i feel bad that I didn't speak to them about 2-3 weeks prior before they passed. i just never knew what to say, and i just felt so bad for them. before they passed, they were already dealing with existing medical conditions so they were quite vulnerable... it really sucks knowing they're gone, but i'll miss them. i'll miss them a lot. ;_;

• Love 2
  • Sad 4
  • BejeweledFox changed the title to A Thread for Remembrance

I miss my Papa. He had such a big impact on so many people. He was a band director and brought the joy of music in countless people's lives, both by directly teaching them and having them go on and become teachers themselves. His impact is monumental. People flew in from all around the country to go to his funeral, people none of us knew, because they heard their high school band director had passed. That's how much of an impact he had on their lives. I know I'd do the same for my high school band director, people have no clue how much teachers can hold a special place in our hearts, especially for something like music where its closely attuned to your heart. 

I wish I could have a conversation with him as an adult man. He had alzeimer's and his mind was going by the time I was in high school. I only know him as "my papa" and only know the impact he had on other people. What I wouldn't give to have an adult conversation with him face to face so he could know who I am today 

• Love 3
  • Sad 2

Blowing through my old photobucket account, cleaning out old useless junk. Came across this picture of a wonderful fox who unfortunately took his own life.

Miss you lots, Rukus. You were the reason I have most of my current furry friends. 

rukus5.jpg

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost my last paternal uncle this year, and thanks to our ongoing pandemic, there was no memorial, no travel at the time. A man who I've got nothing but fond memories of, from childhood and teenage trips with Dad to their place as a retreat from the other ongoing battles at the time, a few days respite and visitation before we'd go out from there camping. He's dearly missed, and I cannot overstate how much.

• Love 3
  • 3 weeks later...

To everyone here; I hope coping with your losses is easy on you and that the memory of your loved ones is a treasure. 

I lost my mom in 2013. I won't say that we had a great relationship because we did not but she was still my mama and I miss her every day because that's a role that can never be replaced, especially when I was a growing child at the time of her passing. 

Countless people attended her ceremony. A lot of my friends pulled out of school. My dad's whole Navy Squadron attended. My band director played the organ for her. 

I am very glad that in this day and age we have photo, video, text, ways to hold onto pieces of our loved ones so we don't forget how they look, spoke, moved, lived. 

Everyone is a special, meaningful soul finding their place in the world. Life is precious. Keep your loved ones close. 

• Love 1

As extremely unlucky as I may be for most of the ppl I knew or passed by have passed on but I still try to remember as many of them as I can and as much as I can because I feel like the coldest feeling would be to be forgotten.

• Love 1