Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Content Upload Policy Update


Recommended Posts

  • Staff Team
On 11/17/2020 at 2:26 PM, rodentprince said:

I'm sure everyone's tired of endlessly plucking at the nuance, but I have to ask for clarity-- does the noncon sans cnc ban extend to sexual content of magical mindcontrol stuff (hypnosis, potiondrugwhatever-that-makes-you-uncontrollably-horny, etc.) since there's the same kind of thematic overlaps of absence of control, manipulation, disinhibition, etc. or is that exempt since it's that.. more abstracted fantasy framework? Along the same lines, I feel like there's often similar overlap with other kinks.. transformation, forcedfeeding, vore, macrocrushing.. And then, going back to a more realistic framework, there's things like humiliation, degredation, and blackmail..

And on and on.

To actually answer your question, @rodentprince: Hypnosis, magical horny potions, etc are allowed. It's fantasy. We are not banning fantasy.

The more nuanced explanation: Hypnosis doesn't actually work the way it's depicted in fiction. You can't be hypnotized unless you're willing in the real world. More importantly-- the CNC rule is meant for the more rough/violent depictions that require more nuance, and why a single image is not permitted because it REQUIRES the safeword/consent being given, just like it would in reality.

Roofies are not allowed, because that's not a "magic potion that makes you horny". It is a real drug that is used to rob someone of their consent, regardless of any other side effects GBH may have. That is vile, and it is prohibited.

If there are people who are sensitive to hypnosis, magical horny potions, mind-control, etc they are welcomed and encouraged to ignore those tags-- and we stress that if you post art involving such, that you tag as thoroughly as possible.

Please do not be afraid to post your content. If there is a problem, or it breaks our CUP, it's not a one-strike-you're-out sort of situation. We'll talk to you, explain why it may or not be okay, and we can move on from there.

I hope this answer helps!

On 11/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, Tamara said:

The way I understand FLO's current stance, the response to your question would be:

- Yes, such content is forbidden as a standalone image, and only accepted if it's a comic or if a story comes with the picture that shows all characters involved expressing clear and unequivocal agreement to roleplaying a loss of control and whatever happens next.

As you can see from my answer above, @Tamara, you clearly do not understand FLO's current stance. If you have a question, ask a moderator, but do not answer as though you are Staff. There are users asking nuanced questions, and incorrect responses are not constructive.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all. We have some upcoming changes for the FLO content policy. In general, we are trying to minimize the amount of text needed on the CUP page, as well as to clarify certain areas of the content

Lord, I read this back to front a million times and never caught this. That'll be added.

Yes, you are correct! We’re taking ‘NSFW’ pretty literally. While none of us on staff actually find nipples mature or sexual inherently, if you were to pull up an image of a shirtless woman at work, i

On 11/15/2020 at 7:52 PM, Zythyx said:

i specifically wanted to answer this one because while we dont have the same exact experiences, i know that autistic individuals are similarly infantilized and treated as if its wrong/somehow predatory that we, like anyone else, ARE sexual.

short answer, yes, you are fully allowed to represent yourself/sona/what have you sexually within any medium that you desire, as you are a fully consenting adult. to deny you this would be ableism, really. also, size differences do not always denote some sort of vast age different. 

I just want to clarify that you understand that i look under age because of the particular type of dwarfism i have and you didn't just half read what i said and assume i meant all dwarves look under age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Staff Team
1 minute ago, SamWamm said:

I just want to clarify that you understand that i look under age because of the particular type of dwarfism i have and you didn't just half read what i said and assume i meant all dwarves look under age.

yep, i got that part. i just used your post to sort of kickstart a statement about things regarding physical disabilities or size differences, if that makes any sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can it please be made clear, absolutely clear, in either the Must Tag list or Section 4 that only "consensual non-consent" is allowed? (with context which is already in section 4)

This is the issue I've had going through this entire thread.

I had no idea that non-con was banned before this update was posted and someone pointed to a mod's reply in the thread. Based on previous readings of the CUP when I joined, in addition to the threads calling to ban non-con, I assumed all noncon (not only CNC) was allowed but had to be heavily tagged.

Can it please be made explicitly clear that only CNC is allowed?

I have no idea what's going on with incest either, and would like it to be made clear as well. Is it only "roleplay incest and it's not real" that's allowed?

I am sorry that I keep posting here but things are still incredibly muddy and vague for me. I will probably never, ever, make this art except for a comic that I won't post here, but I obsessively read rules and to suddenly realize I had been reading them wrong this whole time is very upsetting because I keep thinking about how much more I might be missing and how many other rules I might actually be breaking.

 

I've already posted here several times and I feel like an annoying little fly but my issues have not been addressed yet.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zythyx said:

yep, i got that part. i just used your post to sort of kickstart a statement about things regarding physical disabilities or size differences, if that makes any sense. 

great, now i can get to work on some ideas i had but had no websites to post them on until now.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BluAnubiz said:

As you can see from my answer above, @Tamara, you clearly do not understand FLO's current stance. If you have a question, ask a moderator, but do not answer as though you are Staff. There are users asking nuanced questions, and incorrect responses are not constructive.

Obviously, I don't, and now I am very confused...

10 hours ago, BluAnubiz said:

The more nuanced explanation: Hypnosis doesn't actually work the way it's depicted in fiction. You can't be hypnotized unless you're willing in the real world. More importantly-- the CNC rule is meant for the more rough/violent depictions that require more nuance, and why a single image is not permitted because it REQUIRES the safeword/consent being given, just like it would in reality.

I would dispute your stance on hypnosis, but that would derail the thread so I'll just say that I disagree with your assertion. Also, even if you are right, the vast majority of people know it the way it is described in fiction, ie everyone can get hypnotized on a whim and made to do anything and everything by the hypnotizer, thus giving the vast majority of hypno content some very strong rape vibes.

I would however ask for clarification on what you meant by 'more rough/violent depictions' of CNC? What is considered as rough/violent for the staff and what is not?

10 hours ago, BluAnubiz said:

Roofies are not allowed, because that's not a "potion that makes you horny". It is a drug that is used to rob someone of their consent, point blank. That is vile, and it is prohibited.

If there are people who are sensitive to hypnosis, magical horny potions, mind-control, etc they are welcomed and encouraged to ignore those tags-- and we stress that if you post art involving such, that you tag as thoroughly as possible.

I cannot fully wrap my mind around the distinction here... Please tell me if I got it right or wrong:

A story about someone going clubbing and having their drink spiked with roofies then taken advantage of by whoever spiked their drink is prohibited because roofies rob you of your consent and that is vile.
A story about someone going clubbing and having their drink spiked with a horny potion then taken advantage of by whoever spiked their drink is ok because horny potion does not exist IRL despite the story clearly showing that the potion robbed them of their consent so they could taken advantage of.
A story about someone going clubbing and getting mind-controlled then taken advantage of is ok because ... you have to be willing to be mind-controlled ? ...

Quote

To write out every possible, hypothetical scenario for the CUP would make it ten miles long and people would not read it. If there is a specific situation that isn't explicitly stated, the best overall answer is: Staff handles every report as it comes in with fairness in mind. That's why we're here.

My question was hardly an hypothetical scenario, especially in this fandom. And it was simple : while siding with the content creator in case of a breach of their TOS is absolutely normal and expected (unless said TOS is abusive or illegal like a few I've seen), does FLO's policy of 'we will usually side with the content creator' also apply if the dispute is of a personal nature?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Staff Team

@Tamara

You are free to disagree. Everyone is allowed their opinion, but this is our stance and this is how we'll be moving forward.

I am still not going to answer every hypothetical situation in regards to FLO. We at Staff judge every image, scenario and report on a case by case basis that uses the CUP as a firm guideline. If the situation is unprecedented for the site, we act with fairness in mind.

To answer your earlier and repeated question: Of course artists do not get preferential treatment if the dispute is personal in nature.

Once again: Fretting over every little detail is not constructive. You either trust Staff in their judgement, or you don't, and either is fine. The ball is then in ones court with how a user chooses to proceed in regards to continued use of FLO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Administrator

A few more updates have been made to this version of the CUP. We have edited the "are not permitted" in the Content Categories to the categories for which those items do belong. This is clarification for those who may have assumed this content was not permitted on the site at all, and instead directs to the appropriate category. A hypno tag for content which depicts hypnosis, mind control, or other fantastical means of controlling or influencing another person has been added. This tag is for the types of control that do not exist in the real world, not for something like roofies or "date-rape" drugs. We have also changed our policy on all nipples. While we at FLO do not consider the nipples a sexualized body part, society as a whole has yet to catch up. This is to ensure those who browse purely in the Safe For Work mode in the most literal sense may enjoy our site as well. Furthermore, we have made some slight changes to section 4 of this new cup, reiterating that Rape and Incest are not permissible on FLO, and that only consensual non-con roleplay is permitted under limited circumstances.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BluAnubiz said:

To answer your earlier and repeated question: Of course artists do not get preferential treatment if the dispute is personal in nature.

Thank you for that answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted works may contain nudity of a non-graphic nature.”

i find this contradictory to the new addition that nipples and genitalia in no sexual scenarios are considered mature? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mxbird said:

Submitted works may contain nudity of a non-graphic nature.”

i find this contradictory to the new addition that nipples and genitalia in no sexual scenarios are considered mature? 

My guess is that they mean the 'barbie' kind of nudity, where nothing shows, just smooth skin/fur between the legs and no nipples visible on the chest, as in SFW refs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i understand “Submitted works may contain nudity of a non-graphic nature.” Coupled with "all nipples are considered mature" you are getting at what back in the day was called  "Disney nude" or "Toon nude" correct? Such as:

 maxresdefault.jpg

 

Or have i interpreted it too strictly, and more is allowable before becoming mature? 


My male character, when shirtless has nipples but society at large does not consider the male nipple to be taboo, but the language "We have also changed our policy on all nipples. While we at FLO do not consider the nipples a sexualized body part, society as a whole has yet to catch up." seems to indicate that nipples of any gender are treated as mature.

Am i correct in assuming that a picture of my male character with visible nipples should be rated mature just the same as a shirtless woman showing nipple?
Am i also correct in assuming this extends to human as well as furry characters?

( and for anyone reading too much into my wording, i am being precise to know where the line is, not as some sort of 'Gotcha'/Strawman phrasing. I just want to make sure my understanding is correct or not. )

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Staff Team
24 minutes ago, BPStuart said:

If i understand “Submitted works may contain nudity of a non-graphic nature.” Coupled with "all nipples are considered mature" you are getting at what back in the day was called  "Disney nude" or "Toon nude" correct? Such as:

 maxresdefault.jpg

 

Or have i interpreted it too strictly, and more is allowable before becoming mature? 


My male character, when shirtless has nipples but society at large does not consider the male nipple to be taboo, but the language "We have also changed our policy on all nipples. While we at FLO do not consider the nipples a sexualized body part, society as a whole has yet to catch up." seems to indicate that nipples of any gender are treated as mature.

Am i correct in assuming that a picture of my male character with visible nipples should be rated mature just the same as a shirtless woman showing nipple?
Am i also correct in assuming this extends to human as well as furry characters?

( and for anyone reading too much into my wording, i am being precise to know where the line is, not as some sort of 'Gotcha'/Strawman phrasing. I just want to make sure my understanding is correct or not. )

Yes, you are correct! We’re taking ‘NSFW’ pretty literally. While none of us on staff actually find nipples mature or sexual inherently, if you were to pull up an image of a shirtless woman at work, it wouldnt be taken so well. However, we dont wanna contribute to society’s oversexualization of AFAB bodies, so we just say all nipples are in mature. but like you said, ‘toon nude’ is fine in general.

  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 2:57 PM, Zythyx said:

Yes, you are correct! We’re taking ‘NSFW’ pretty literally. While none of us on staff actually find nipples mature or sexual inherently, if you were to pull up an image of a shirtless woman at work, it wouldnt be taken so well. However, we dont wanna contribute to society’s oversexualization of AFAB bodies, so we just say all nipples are in mature. but like you said, ‘toon nude’ is fine in general.

So I'll need to be moving any art with shirtless AMAB characters from my General albums to my Mature albums because they have nipples, but there's currently no way to do that without deleting and re-uploading all those pieces again. I have enough pieces that this is going to take some time, not to mention this will cause the images to no longer show in the order I actually made them in. Am I going to have to re-submit all of this or will it be fine if I wait for the ability to switch the album an image is in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Administrator
3 hours ago, NickShutter said:

So I'll need to be moving any art with shirtless AMAB characters from my General albums to my Mature albums because they have nipples, but there's currently no way to do that without deleting and re-uploading all those pieces again. I have enough pieces that this is going to take some time, not to mention this will cause the images to no longer show in the order I actually made them in. Am I going to have to re-submit all of this or will it be fine if I wait for the ability to switch the album an image is in?

The rework on the site should be coming before this new cup is uploaded. The rework will allow you to move your own images.

  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just say from the bottom of my heart... as someone who has been in the fandom since she was a minor, thank you.

It's been a bit of a unaddressed problem since I was very young and probably even longer, but there's never really been an art site with a working SFW filter, tag filter, or either in the fandom. I’ve got to say I’ll never get why fetishes are considered “SFW” on art sites especially in the presence of minors, with no way to opt out. I don’t judge. What you do in your bedroom is up to you. But as a child I didn’t feel comfortable involved, and still do not as an adult. I feel like this will make things a lot more friendly and accessible to be honest- we've got plenty of sites that offer unfiltered stuff, but you've got a bit of a monopoly here unless you count furry amino haha

That's just what I've always wanted to see in an art site. One I can link my friends and family to and not worry so much, instead just enjoying cute fluffy stuff at my own pace.
It feels great to find somewhere I belong. Maybe this will be where my art takes off, who knows. ^ ^

  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.