Content Upload Policy
The Content Upload Policy (CUP) generally lays out what types of content are or are not permitted to be uploaded to FLO. While we do our best to clarify the terms listed below, please note that if a moderator asks you to discontinue an activity, please respect that decision. Continued activity of the same nature may result in temporary or permanent restrictions on your account.
The following content is strictly prohibited in all areas of the site.
Postings which contain these types of content will be immediately removed, followed by a warning or suspension, depending on intent, maliciousness, and severity, at the moderator's discretion.
- Content which promotes, glorifies, encourages, or in any way puts forth in a positive light, and includes but is not limited to: terrorism; illegal acts; hate speech; hate groups (such as the KKK, Nazism, Fascism, Authoritarianism, the Alt-Right, Q-Anon, All Lives Matter, Back the Blue, Kekistan, etc.); harm or abuse to minors, animals, or adults (including nsfw "cub" art); spam or deceptive media; harassment; or human trafficking.
- Content where the purpose is to defame, harass, stalk, or threaten others.
- Content which contains hateful or insulting rhetoric towards any race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or disability.
- Content which violates the law, provides instructions on how to do so, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Content which discloses another user's personally identifiable information (PII), aka "doxing".
- Content which contains hate or insults towards other users and/or their content.
- Content which solely depicts real-life animals in explicit or pornographic material in which the sole purpose of the content is sexual arousal.
- Content which depicts character(s) that are either canonically under 18, described to be under 18, or acts as a child or infant placeholder (or the equivalent age of maturity in any non-human species) where the sole purpose of the content is sexual arousal.
FLO uses a system of content tagging which allows users to ignore content tags. Ignored content tags will not display any content containing those tags. Because of this, content must be properly tagged. Proper tagging includes, but is not limited to:
Content depicting the following must be tagged at all times:
- In Forums: Thread Theme
- In Media: Species, Gender, Sex, Theme, Character(s) depicted
- In Groups: Group Type, Location (if location based), Language
- In Literature: Theme, Language, Character(s)
- In Articles: Theme, Language, Subject Matter
While these tags are required, in general it is best to add any tags that are relevant to content posted. Submissions which are improperly or incorrectly tagged may be flagged by a moderator. Continued failure to tag content appropriately may result in posting limitations or suspensions of certain features for your account.
- AgePlay: Content depicting characters of (presenting) legal age, dressed or acting in infantile fashions.
- BDSM: Content depicting any bondage, dominant/submissive pairings, and/or sado-masochism.
- CGL: Content which depicts characters (of legal age) engaged in a pairing in which one partner functions as a parental figure and the other partner functions as an infantile or child-like figure, also known as Caregiver/Little.
- Diaper: Content depicting any character in a diaper.
- Farting: Content which depicts characters having and/or with flatulence. This includes content such as skunk spray and content analogous to such.
- Gore: Content with depictions of injuries greater than superficial, as well as viscera, excessive blood, bodily mutilation, surgery, physically traumatic death, etc.
- Hyper: Content that depicts abnormally enlarged body proportions of any variety that would normally be impossible.
- Hypno: Content which depicts hypnosis, mind control, or other fantastical means of controlling or influencing another person.
- Incest: Content which depicts family members engaging in explicit or pornographic activity together. Please reference section 4 of the CUP for this content type.
- Inflation: Content that depicts a character being inflated to an unnatural or significant size through any number of various means, including but not limited to: air pump, cum, food, liquids, or any other means.
- Rape: Content that depicts forced explicit or pornographic situations. Please reference section 4 of the CUP for this content type.
- Macro (or Micro): Content that depicts characters of an unnaturally or impossibly sized nature.
- Scat: Content which depicts characters interacting in any way with solid bodily waste.
- Vore: All vore, including soft or hard, should be marked with the Vore tag. Content which depicts activities involving characters consuming or absorbing others by various methods.
- Watersports: Content which depicts characters interacting in any way with urine.
FLO uses a system that provides the following categories of content:
- Content may contain expletives; however language which focuses or is derived from sexual themes or content (intercourse, by-products thereof, genitalia, etc.) should go in either the Mature or Adult category.
- Depictions of mild violence are permitted so long as the focus of the submitted work is not on blood and/or injuries. Imagery and depictions of injuries that may be disturbing to some users, such as in horror or fantasy contexts (e.g. mild body horror, anomalous body forms, etc.), are permitted.
- Content submitted that contains gore, extreme realism, and/or violence which is sexual in either an explicit or inferred nature, should go in either the Mature or Adult category.
- Submitted works may contain nudity of a non-graphic nature (i.e., Barbie Doll). Nudity of a graphic nature in this context refers to depictions of, but not limited to: genitalia, sheaths, bulges, camel-toes, genital slits, detailed anuses, etc.
- Depictions of nipples of any gender should go into the Mature category. While we at FLO do not consider the nipples a sexualized body part, society as a whole has yet to catch up. This is to ensure those who browse purely in the Safe For Work mode in the most literal sense may enjoy our site as well.
- The presence of clothing does not automatically make the content appropriate for a General rating. Depictions of the outlines of genitalia, or bulges of an inferred sexual nature should go in either the Mature or Adult category.
- Depictions of drugs and drug use (including alcohol and tobacco) in submitted works and media are permitted, albeit on a limited basis. Instances of drug use should be kept mild or implied.
- Depictions of street-manufactured drugs and their use (which include but are not limited to: crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, etc.) should go in either the Mature or Adult category.
- Depictions of sexual fluids and bodily waste are not permitted in General, and should go in either the Mature or Adult category.
- Content may contain expletives, including language which focuses or is derived from sexual themes or content (intercourse, by-products thereof, genitalia, etc.); however expletives still cannot be used in a directly sexual context.
- Descriptions that include explicit or graphic themes, including but not limited to, of sexual, fetishistic, or other such themes should go in the Adult category.
- Depictions of violence (e.g. fights with superficial injuries, roughhousing, bloodied knuckles, etc.) and injuries are permitted so long as the violence and injuries depicted are not severe (e.g. fatal wounding, injuries leading to disfigurement or maiming, etc.).
- Content submitted that contains gore, extreme realism, and/or violence which is sexual in either an explicit or inferred nature should go in the Adult category.
- Media may contain full nudity including but not limited to, fully exposed/exaggerated outlines of genitalia, sheathes, or bulges.
- Depictions of full erections or arousal, sexual acts and fluids, or the use of sexual toys, should go in the Adult category.
- Depictions of drugs and drug use in media are permitted on a non-limited basis, including substances such as: alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, hallucinogens, pharmaceutical drugs, etc.
- Depictions of street-manufactured drugs and their use (which include but are not limited to: crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, etc.) should go in the Adult category.
- Depictions of sexual fluids and bodily waste should go in the Adult category.
We understand that Fetish and Kink content make up a large portion of the content submitted to the site. In order to help users determine where content belongs in the rating system, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Media may contain any number of expletives, including in a directly sexual context.
- Media may contain scenes of intense and/or graphic violence, and subjects that might be considered alarming or upsetting to some users, including but not limited to: mutilation, dismemberment, physical torture, etc.
- Depictions of explicit nudity in media are permitted.
- Depictions of sexual activity in media are permitted.
- Depictions of drugs and drug use in media are permitted (e.g. and including but not limited to: crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, etc.), including street-manufactured drugs.
- Depictions of sexual fluids and bodily waste are permitted.
- While fetishes and kinks may not always be inherently sexual, due to the nature of their content, both explicit and non explicit depictions of fetishes may not be posted under the General rating.
- If the submitted work contains content previously mentioned in the content ratings (e.g. an erect penis, nudity, etc.), the aforementioned rating criteria shall take precedence when deciding content rating.
- If the submitted work contains content pertaining to fetishes of an inferred sexual nature (e.g. a chastity cage, latex hood, feeder hoses/stuffing funnels, etc.), the content should at least be rated Mature.
- If action is occurring in and/or between the character(s) depicted, and said (inter)action can be inferred to be of an inherently sexual nature (e.g. touching and related actions, fighting, stepping on, etc.) it should be rated as Adult.
- Rape and Incest are prohibited on FLO.
- However, we understand there are survivors who use Consensual Non-Consensual situations (CNC) and media to help with their related trauma, and we will not take this avenue of recovery away from them. As one would do when participating in such roleplay; clear context, backstory and conversation should be provided through writing or as a comic and done so with care.
- While we understand that there will be topics and media which discuss and depict sensitive subjects, we ask that, to the best of your ability, such topics or depictions have a content warning. In general, be considerate of other users when creating this type of content. This means that tagging such content is essential, due to the ability of other users to block tags. This boils down to being mindful of the potential of harm a piece of media or a certain topic brings, and doing your best to mitigate such harm.
Accessing Adult Content
- Adult content may only be accessed by those over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use FLO to offer, request, or share adult content. You may not use FLO to offer or request adult content from users who you are aware are under the age of 18. Users under the age of 18 who are found using a false birthday may have their accounts terminated with or without warning. If you have set your birthday in error, no penalty will be given if you file a support ticket yourself, requesting a change to your date of birth.
- Adult content may be accessed by using the opt-in system available in your account Preferences area. Two settings, Mature and Adult, will enable their respective content areas.
Mature and Adult Content of Underage Characters
- As stated above, FLO does not host pornographic content of characters under the age of 18. This means that any character who is canonically under 18, described as under 18, or acts as a child or infant placeholder (or species equivalent) may not be depicted in mature or adult content.
- This covers any content in which a reasonable person would believe the content was created for the sole purpose of sexual gratification. This includes offering pornographic content depicting loli, shota, or cub, services and off-site content offering this content, or making underage characters available for sexual roleplay.
Users found posting this content will have their account closed to prevent the distribution of this content. We ask that, rather than try to evade this rule, you seek an alternate community for your work. This content has no place on FLO.
Mature and Adult Content of Real Life Animals
- Content which depicts real life animals as they appear in the real world may not be explicit or pornographic in nature.
Content, Fursona, and Original Character Usage and Ownership
- Any content which the user did not create should be properly attributed to the content creator who created it.
- Content which you did not create, commission, or have made for you will be removed. Users found to have been posting content which does not belong to them may have their account suspended or closed.
Fursona and Original Character Ownership
- All characters should be credited to their owners at the time of upload. Users found to have images or albums in which the majority of submissions are not credited or miscredited will have their uploads frozen until such a time as the characters are credited.
- In cases where the ownership of a character is disputed, we will require evidence of character ownership from the involved parties. This may include, but is not limited to: emails, online chats, paypal or other online payment records, or other evidence as needed. Users found posting characters which do not belong to them may have their accounts suspended or closed.
Media Ownership and Sourcing
- Media is considered owned by a user when that user created, commissioned, or had made or gifted the media item. This means that both the creator and the buyer are entitled to ownership of that piece. Both parties, the artist and the user who commissioned, made, or gifted, may post this media.
- For the most part, FLO will side with the content creator when disputes arise. This means that a moderator would act, for instance, where a commissioner purchased a piece, received a hi-def and low-def version, and was only given permission to post the low-def version, and posts the hi-def.
- When using free or paid bases, credit should be given to the content creator who created the base.
- FLO does not permit the use of stolen fanart or artwork belonging to other users. This includes tracing from other content creator's artwork.