Another New Political Party in Town

M1L35 M4R54L15

I'm going to be the first naysayer and put forward that maybe all of us who voted against Trump should support the viable and experienced Democratic Party which held onto the House, won the presidency, and could win the Senate in January.

I'm also suspicious of the lack of a coherent party platform from the Great America Party.

I'm also suspicious of the lack of a coherent party platform from the Great America Party.
It literally read to me like an extempore clobbered group. It's either going to be the defining characteristic that breaks (rift over differences in leadership) or makes (the great uniter, where people are brought together over their differences over a greater goal/principle) it

if it makes it, it will be one hell of an interesting uphill battle to watch (shrugz)

- Xi Yao

Merv

I'm going to be the first naysayer and put forward that maybe all of us who voted against Trump should support the viable and experienced Democratic Party
hahaha absolutely not. If they want my support, they can start by fucking offering us something better than "well we'll still kill you, just like the republicans, but at least we'll pretend to feel bad about it!"

• Thanks
Reactions: delta LiGHTS

Tamara

Damn, this party's declaration is so unsubtle about being very far to the right... Also, their acronym is GAP, like the cloth's brand? XD

Given their name, I wouldn't be surprised if, later on, we learn that it is backed by Trump, because the name of the party is eerily similar of the MAGA slogan...

• Love
Reactions: M1L35 M4R54L15

M1L35 M4R54L15

It literally read to me like an extempore clobbered group. It's either going to be the defining characteristic that breaks (rift over differences in leadership) or makes (the great uniter, where people are brought together over their differences over a greater goal/principle) it

if it makes it, it will be one hell of an interesting uphill battle to watch (shrugz)

- Xi Yao
At best, they don't get off the group and can't compete with the two existing parties, but maybe siphon votes away from the Republican party by drawing away the libertarian nuts.

At worst, they become co-opted by conservative interests that don't have the public good in mind, like the remaining Koch brother.

hahaha absolutely not. If they want my support, they can start by fucking offering us something better than "well we'll still kill you, just like the republicans, but at least we'll pretend to feel bad about it!"
I mean, the Biden administration and Democrats are the best bet for the progressive agenda right now, like or not. I see progressives having an easier time turning the Democratic party more liberal than another Republican unitary government. Bernie Sanders has been writing policy for Joe Biden, my dude.

You have four years to prove that the diverse coalition of the left, including progressives, can take care of business better than the Republicans.

I suggest you work with party rather than against it, especially now.

Merv

We tried compromising and working with the party. Bernie Sanders was the compromise, and the democrats did everything they could to smear him as a pie-in-the-sky crackpot. It's not going to happen again and I suggest you stop patronizing us.

M1L35 M4R54L15

We tried compromising and working with the party. Bernie Sanders was the compromise, and the democrats did everything they could to smear him as a pie-in-the-sky crackpot. It's not going to happen again and I suggest you stop patronizing us.
He may have been a compromise for you, but for the more moderate parts of the country he wasn't. He also needed to reach out to POC communities more extensively than he did. The capital Biden built up in the black community saved him, along with other minority voters.

Reactions: ChapterAquila92

Merv

I don't give a shit about what "moderates" want. Catering to their demands has never gotten us anywhere.

Flareon

> The evident hijacking of this year’s election through comprehensive fraud, corruption and other misdeeds and errors

It's just Tea Party II. It's a far-right party trying to break off from the Republican party. I'll be surprised if they run separately from Republicans. This country isn't built for >2 political parties, and as the Libertarian, Green, and Constitution parties, as well as other minor parties in various states (hello Alaska Independence). If they can't bring some serious appeal and money to the table to lure registered Republicans who are a bit wary of Trump, they're probably DOA. I don't even understand how Libertarians don't do better, but the main two parties put a great deal of effort into convincing people that they're wasting their vote by choosing something else.

M1L35 M4R54L15

I don't give a shit about what "moderates" want. Catering to their demands has never gotten us anywhere.
Being respectful, many moderate Democrats and minorities didn't go for Sanders because they felt passed over by leftists (I hate using that term, but give me a better one) and were looking for a candidate who broadly appeal to multiple demographics plus have a base that actually shows up.

Reactions: ChapterAquila92