Conservative Majority Vote in the Supreme Court

TaytoSeal

Republicans bring out a certain kind of God-Worshipper. One that is not satisfied with just being able to freely practice their own religion. No. These people feel compelled to shape the world in the image they think God intends. Via Genocide or Subjugation of the non-believers or by infiltrating to a government's highest court in order to shape the laws. If you try to stop them, they feel like you're the one persecuting them. They will play the short game, the long game, and the dirty game in order to enforce a Theocratic Dominion on not just America, but the World.

U.S Republicans are no longer Republicans. They are no longer a, "Representative Democracy". They don't represent THE PEOPLE. They represent Large Corporate Donors and the Church.

Amy Coney Barrett. I'm sure you've heard of her by now. She's a Circuit Judge who ruled that a Black worker being called the N-word by his boss didn't constitute a hostile work environment. She gets nominated by Trump against dying Ruth Bader Ginsberg's wishes and also breaks their own rules since they blocked Obama from bringing on a new Judge to the supreme court because it was an election year. She is vehemently against Abortion and LGBT rights.

Now that the Supreme Court has a 5/4 Conservative Majority, this puts our rights to Abortion and Same-Sex Marriage under threat of being stripped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, that is the case.  I cannot describe how infuriated it makes me, but I'm hoping they get to face a whirlwind  of retribution and that we adjust the court to not be packed.  I would love a 30 judge pool that a random nine get picked from for each case.  Or term limits on SCOTUS judges.  There is currently a bill in the works for 18yr limits and we might be able to make it a reality.

TaytoSeal

We should use our anger to dissolve our government and replace it with a political scene rooted in compassion, cooperation, and inclusivity instead of one rooted in genocidal bigotry, conquest, and greed.

/monthly_2020_10/large.1774463321_Overthrowthefuckinggovernmentorwhat.png.c09c539add790906d5d04b162e3f3967.png

Tamara

Overthrowing the US government is never going to happen, stop fooling yourself.
If the right-wing racist nutjobs did not even try to do it in the 8 years that Obama was in the White House, then it's never going to happen, no matter what.

The majority of people have grown tired, complacent or been brainwashed by various means, and often a mix of those, and the population of the US is so deeply divided that no movement to overthrow the government would ever get enough public support to happen, whether peacefully or by force. Not to mention that the authorities are also keeping watch to prevent that to happen, as is their job.

The way I see it, the only way to change things is from the inside, by replacing the old politicians by younger ones with progressive ideas and open minds, like AOC and her friends of The Squad. But that will take a long time, lots of efforts, and it essentially means that we have to accept that there will be one or two generations who will have to suffer before things get better.

Flareon

You aren't going to overthrow the government. Your choices are to let people like Trump and subsequent variations destroy it, form your own party that is somehow super convincing to existing voters, or you're going to have to strangle the existing party and throw more people you like into it like AOC or similar.

Unfortunately the powers that be bank on people having child-like notions of their vote not counting or not mattering or just being too lazy to put in the effort to do so or just thinking that nothing matters anyway. I sincerely hope that the idea of not voting is a foreign concept this election and all future ones.

• Love
Reactions: Tamara
Overthrowing the US government is never going to happen, stop fooling yourself.
If the right-wing racist nutjobs did not even try to do it in the 8 years that Obama was in the White House, then it's never going to happen, no matter what.

The majority of people have grown tired, complacent or been brainwashed by various means, and often a mix of those, and the population of the US is so deeply divided that no movement to overthrow the government would ever get enough public support to happen, whether peacefully or by force. Not to mention that the authorities are also keeping watch to prevent that to happen, as is their job.

The way I see it, the only way to change things is from the inside, by replacing the old politicians by younger ones with progressive ideas and open minds, like AOC and her friends of The Squad. But that will take a long time, lots of efforts, and it essentially means that we have to accept that there will be one or two generations who will have to suffer before things get better.
It very much can happen! Crazier successes have been made. But you bring up a valid point - we have a long way to go until others are ready.

That is why it is vitally important to do what you can to assist or directly organize and educate people. To simply declare 'revolution' on an internet forum will do nothing. It takes a intense process to gather up the required forces to pull off such a matter.

I will disagree with the 'entryism' argument, though. I would say that Bolivia is actually a decent (and very recent) example of how one could manage an electoral push. How were they successful? organization and leverage.

We cannot expect a system that is fundamentally broken to fix itself, we have other ways. In Bolivia they actually managed an electoral victory (despite the coup), why? Because, the indigenous and working class were organized already before the coup and put up an organized resistance outside the system, forcing the system to concede before too much damage was done. This would be one method for victory. But why did this method work in particular? What makes fighting from the 'outside' so special?

First I will ask a question: By itself, What is a ballot backed by? If the current government just simply up and decided (which it has done in the US repeatedly btw) that the vote was invalid? It is backed then by the hopes that they will simply accept our votes. So then what do we back the ballot with? Well, again: leverage. But what leverage? The real leverage the working class has is in its own labor. The labor they give to survive (and for the capitalists and their system to survive). This is why strikes have so much power, by depriving the capitalists and their system of labor they scramble to kiss our feet - as they need us more than we need them and they know it.

From here I ask two questions:
A.) What is the possibility of large, sweeping labor organization in the United States today? We should look at the history and use that to determine our methods.
B.) Why stop at meager reforms? Why not aim for complete victory?

Tamara

This is why strikes have so much power, by depriving the capitalists and their system of labor they scramble to kiss our feet - as they need us more than we need them and they know it.
Unfortunately, that is incredibly less and less true. Automation means that companies need less and less people to be run, add to that population growth coupled with the still ongoing propaganda that 'you need a job to be considered a contributing member of society', the way that unions have been weakened throughout the industrialized countries, and the fact that the average hourly rate has barely changed since the 1970s, thus making the population in general poorer and more concerned with immediate survival needs, means that companies have no need of any of their employees specifically, since they can easily replace them by hiring one of the many unemployed person. There are exceptions for very specialized fields, but those exceptions are few and concern a small minority of people.

From here I ask two questions:
A.) What is the possibility of large, sweeping labor organization in the United States today? We should look at the history and use that to determine our methods.
B.) Why stop at meager reforms? Why not aim for complete victory?
A) As far as I know, close to none. Existing unions have seen their powers and membership decline heavily in the past decades, except in some sectors where it is mandatory or for other reasons (like police unions who are not going to revolt against the current systems). Also, the new big actors, like Amazon, are basically forbidding their employees to unionize, and firing everyone who tries to create a union anyway, making it virtually impossible to organize any kind of movement inside or outside. Companies and CEO did learn from history as well.

B) I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'complete victory'? Mind to elaborate?

Unfortunately, that is incredibly less and less true. Automation means that companies need less and less people to be run, add to that population growth coupled with the still ongoing propaganda that 'you need a job to be considered a contributing member of society', the way that unions have been weakened throughout the industrialized countries, and the fact that the average hourly rate has barely changed since the 1970s, thus making the population in general poorer and more concerned with immediate survival needs, means that companies have no need of any of their employees specifically, since they can easily replace them by hiring one of the many unemployed person. There are exceptions for very specialized fields, but those exceptions are few and concern a small minority of people.

A) As far as I know, close to none. Existing unions have seen their powers and membership decline heavily in the past decades, except in some sectors where it is mandatory or for other reasons (like police unions who are not going to revolt against the current systems). Also, the new big actors, like Amazon, are basically forbidding their employees to unionize, and firing everyone who tries to create a union anyway, making it virtually impossible to organize any kind of movement inside or outside. Companies and CEO did learn from history as well.

B) I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'complete victory'? Mind to elaborate?
Fortunately economists agree that labor is the source of all value in society. I am not super well versed in the peculiarities of economics in all its facets - but I do remember this. In the case of automation, it does create a large 'classless' and/or lumpenproletariat (who have to find means outside of conventional production such as crime) but more so it transitions us from manual to mental labor. Still, labor is required to design, manufacture, and maintain machines.

Additionally there is the effect of the rate of profit to become slimmer with automation - this byproduct of competition creates even more slim margins for capitalists to work under. This actually makes them more vulnerable to impacts such as strikes.

The depression of wages has to do with neo-liberalism, a call-back to the laissez Faire times of the early late 19th and early 20th centuries (ironically leading them into WW1 and the Great Depression - forcing a change in policy). After crushing the labor unions and the workers parties in their home countries, and with the USSR/Eastern Bloc showing serious flaws - capitalists made their move towards crushing all the progress made in regards to labor up until that point. This is still the prevailing ideological standpoint of many countries today unfortunately.

A.) Despite the difficulties, which are very high in this connected day and age - I do still think it is possible. For many it will be necessary very soon regardless. Unfortunately these conditions lay the stage for a violent and brutal struggle ahead.
B.) Complete victory would mean overturning the system fundamentally. To create a new system that does not require so much correction. I am eluding to a working class state, where the working class and the oppressed have their interests upheld from the start and by any means necessary.

• Love
Reactions: TaytoSeal

M1L35 M4R54L15

I'm conservative, but yeah, I feel the victor of the election should have decided the next Supreme Court nominee and this rush to confirm Amy Coney Barrett robbed the American people of that decision. While I do some reservations about adding additional justices to the Court to redress the issue, there is nothing in the Constitution stipulating the number of justice that may sit on the bench and I feel that a Democratic unitary Congress and base need to prepared to potentially pursue additional justices.

M1L35 M4R54L15

What does that even mean to you because so far it's conservatives that's threatening our rights in favor of aggressive dogma.
I would agree. I feel that Justice Barrett's confirmation doesn't just threaten the sense of fair play around nomination considerations, but also reproductive rights, LGBT rights, and 30 million people's access to healthcare in the midst of a pandemic, not mention the right of those with preexisting conditions to healthcare.

All because I'm conservative doesn't mean I want to throw women, QUILTBAG folks, and those seeking care under the bus. Many conservatives are in lockstep with Trump, but there are those of us who never were.

I think you're in the wrong place, chum.
I saw your profile and I'm assuming you're saying this because you've had bad experiences with conservatives before, the shitshow the last four years have been, or both.

TaytoSeal

Whether they voted for Trump or Biden, they are still involved with a political scene that is blatantly violent towards LGBT+ people.

The furry fandom is an LGBT+ majority community. What are you doing here?

Merv

M1L35 M4R54L15 said:
I saw your profile and I'm assuming you're saying this because you've had bad experiences with conservatives before, the shitshow the last four years have been, or both.
I would think the "literally a communist" part would spell out that I have never, ever had a good experience with conservatives. Anyway this site and its community very recently made it clear that centrists and conservatives are not welcome here, so I repeat: I think you are in the wrong place, chum.

M1L35 M4R54L15

I would think the "literally a communist" part would spell out that I have never, ever had a good experience with conservatives. Anyway this site and its community very recently made it clear that centrists and conservatives are not welcome here, so I repeat: I think you are in the wrong place, chum.
Hopefully I'll be the exception since I don't mind those who have differing political beliefs from myself, particularly when we have commonalities.

I feel that whatever way the election goes, though it thankfully looks like it will be Biden who wins, people across the political spectrum will have to work together to deal with damage left by Trump's wake and the ongoing crisis killing our fellow Americans.

I'm hoping that going forward I could be a better experience than other conservatives you've dealt with in the past.

TaytoSeal

Hopefully I'll be the exception since I don't mind those who have differing political beliefs from myself, particularly when we have commonalities.

I feel that whatever way the election goes, though it thankfully looks like it will be Biden who wins, people across the political spectrum will have to work together to deal with damage left by Trump's wake and the ongoing crisis killing our fellow Americans.

I'm hoping that going forward I could be a better experience than other conservatives you've dealt with in the past.
You are aligned with a political scene that is hostile to LGBT+ people. The Furry Fandom is majority LGBT+.

You are not here in good faith if you are aligned against our rights. Get out.