so the FBI just foiled a plot by right-wing terrorists to kidnap (and probably murder) the governor of michigan

alyazabirze

Kooper Kitsune

are you aware that there is such a thing as right-wing libertarianism and that right-libertarians--and, indeed, people who profess themselves to be "anarcho capitalists"--in fact constitute a solid plurality to outright majority of self-professed libertarians in the US? this is not the own you think it is
Ancaps don’t identity with the red A anarchists symbol because left wing anarchists reject that ancaps are actually anarchists. Ancaps identity with the half yellow, half black flag

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Well since we're taking a post by "The Red-Headed Libertarian" at face value we need only look at the rest of the thread cuz I'm sure he isn't posting something false or misleading to push an agenda-it's about 2A, he thinks this is a false flag conspiracy to repeal the 2A.

alyazabirze

Ancaps don’t identity with the red A anarchists symbol because left wing anarchists reject that ancaps are actually anarchists. Ancaps identity with the half yellow, half black flag
aside from the fact that this is laughably stupid, for people who emphasize personal responsibility, you guys sure do seem to seem to revert to deflection whenever your rhetoric inspires someone to shoot up a mosque or try and assassinate a politician

i can't imagine being so utterly cowardly when it comes to your own personal convictions

Surge

aside from the fact that this is laughably stupid, for people who emphasize personal responsibility, you guys sure do seem to seem to revert to deflection whenever your rhetoric inspires someone to shoot up a mosque or try and assassinate a politician

i can't imagine being so utterly cowardly when it comes to your own personal convictions
Love the absolutist assumption of good faith self-representation and respect for others from terrorists

Surge

You mean that loosely organized leftists aren't suddenly aligned with the established agenda of far-right terror groups?

PandaPlatypus

I feel SO bad for Whitmer. Just a couple weeks ago she had her emergency powers stripped (because MUH FREEDOMZ), so end of October all coronavirus restrictions in Michigan will be void. The right really can't handle a woman in a position of power.

M

Mishagreen

I feel like I'm missing half the thread, and it's the half where people argue ancaps are the same as lefty anarchists.

Everyone and their mother has appropriated that symbol because they think it's edgy but don't understand the politics that made it that way. Particularly the rugged Circle A is associated with the punk scene. Think of how you'll see right wingers march to Rage Against the Machine despite not realizing the lyrics of their music literally advocate communism. 

They were very clear about their ideals, but thanks for showing us all you get your news from far right conspiracy theorists. 

Well since we're taking a post by "The Red-Headed Libertarian" at face value we need only look at the rest of the thread cuz I'm sure he isn't posting something false or misleading to push an agenda-it's about 2A, he thinks this is a false flag conspiracy to repeal the 2A.
This gets said every time there's a right wing terror attack. I'm pro gun and fucking tired of hearing this shit. Far right extremists like these nutjobs are a large part of the reason I'm pro 2A: because they stockpile arms regardless of legality and occasionally with aid from government officials or infiltrators. I'd rather be armed than not if they try that shit in my state and the FBI doesn't catch it in time. 

It's annoying all the 2A right wingnuts can't seem to reconcile the logic of wearing a mask for protection is the same as carrying a firearm for self defense against a much more present threat. I'd bet you good money they would support a bill forcing everyone to own a gun (which is a stupid idea for a number of reasons) despite the infringement on freedom entailed. 

Far right terrorists are getting bolder every day, and I'm planning accordingly. Instead of spending my time trying to falsely impune the left to advance some dipshit far right agenda like people seem to be doing in this thread. 

Flareon

oh look, support for QAnon, the III%ers, praise for kyle rittenhouse, and "Save our Children", but yeah guys it was totally left-wing antifa terrorists LMAO
He's nuts. He already even deleted his posts. He clearly has no idea what he's going on about.

Most people can easily identify these guys as right-wing psychopaths. They may not be a stereotypical Republican, but they're probably friends with them. Nobody on the left wing uses the red A. ANTIFA, for what little there even is, uses black/red flags. Don't try to twist this back to condemn an entire ideology. Left wing views are valid.