so trump just shot down stimulus talks until after the election

Flintfall

Wow, does he seriously think holding a fucking stimulus hostage is going to get people to vote for him???

Un-fucking-believable

EDIT: oh yeah, a cut down stimulus that doesn't help anyone in actual need my god

Last edited by a moderator:

Siddeley

Brightside: In shooting down stimulus talks, he's likely shot down his reelection.

(That said... don't count on the outcome, those bastards cheat whenever they figure no one's watching them)

Nephrite

Brightside: In shooting down stimulus talks, he's likely shot down his reelection.

(That said... don't count on the outcome, those bastards cheat whenever they figure no one's watching them)
His decision is more likely to make moderate republicans question voting for him (if they haven't already) but unfortunately most of his supporters are willing to justify and defend anything this man does. They'll probably argue it'll be less debt, or it's too expensive anyways, etc, even though a lot of them would directly benefit from a stimulus check. 

It's so appalling (and honestly confusing???) how his supporters will look at all the things he's done — even recently, like the dumpster fire of a debate, shooting down a stimulus bill, or ignoring CDC guidelines following his own diagnosis and think that this man would make an amazing president. It's so funny how like...... brainwashed they are

• Love
Reactions: Arris

LYDARKAON

When Biden wins trump is gonna be all "I'm not gonna do it now, this is what you get when you vote for biden folks!" as if he was gonna do it in the first place, lmao.

I really am convinced that those steroids are going to his head... He seems *especially* distanced from reality as of late.

Manibrandr Soundworks

Emerald Subscriber
When Biden wins trump is gonna be all "I'm not gonna do it now, this is what you get when you vote for biden folks!" as if he was gonna do it in the first place, lmao.

I really am convinced that those steroids are going to his head... He seems *especially* distanced from reality as of late.
It's an extinction burst. He knows he's going to be forced out of power one way or another, and he's doing as much as he can to leave his mark before he goes. At least kids have the excuse that they never had the chance to develop emotional intelligence, it's too late for Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaliFox

Our lives are just toys to them, our struggles a game.... I just think of all the poor suffering souls who where counting on a second stimulus for their rent or food or medicine.... I was hoping for it But when it didn't happen in Sept i knew then they werent going to do it... 

• Sad
Reactions: GreenhouseGrub
It's honestly scary, and somehow this delusional moldy cheese we call a president thinks that this will win him the election? Holding money hostage over a starving person isn't going to make them swing your way when there is someone equally capable if not more so that will be willing to help. It may not save the people now but this vote -will- save the country if it goes the right way.

• Love
Reactions: Nephrite

Flintfall

It's an extinction burst. He knows he's going to be forced out of power one way or another, and he's doing as much as he can to leave his mark before he goes. At least kids have the excuse that they never had the chance to develop emotional intelligence, it's too late for Trump.
There's also the steroids he's taking making him more unstable, dexamethasone seems to be giving him a steroid euphoria that's causing his insane ramblings to turn up to 11,00.

Let's not forget that it is not just Trump who is categorically unfit for office, but also all the republicans in the house and senate. Congress has the power to pass any stimulus package they want and can even override any veto from the president with a 2/3 majority vote.

It may be Trump's idea to hold the country hostage, but some of the blame is also on the congressional republicans who see no problem with it or actively work to dismantle our country and our lives.

LeonJag

The discussion about relief is so staggeringly awful, I can't believe we're stuck in this position. And it's only gonna get worse with the holiday season. Unfortunately, I'm attending college in person and I can already see that things are taking a turn for the south. I'm just so angry about how many people are being left behind and we're not even doing anything to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Sorry for this incoherent paragraph, my brain just really isn't working right now.