• Hello everyone, applications to join the moderation team are open. Please see This Topic for more information!

The continued albiest bahavior in fandom spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

somekh

I don't want to encourage people to have uh negative and aggressive discussions on the subject as many people here asked this to not happen in this thread, BUT I would like to say that this link was super educational and informative! A very interesting dive on the history of DID online, and I love internet history. Thank you for sharing this!
It's very well sourced so I tend to throw it at people a lot :'D this sort of thing is rooted in a very nasty history that people are very much not aware of.

I know that these problems are all complex and there isnt a really easy and short way to explain them. Also sorry if I dont have nothing to add to this convo, but Im interested and curious to know stuff.

That being said, can you define the main characteristics of each one of these and what do these mean, please? I would appreciate a lot being taught by people that suffers these conditions, know their points of view, how do you deal with these. o:

I hope im not sounding rude. Im just trying my best to understand people.
OP asked not to go on about it more here (even though the thread was about complaints re: ableism... so I complained about ableists). If you want, I can help in DMs! Message me and I can give you my discord? Or my telegram is @somekh too! I'm a psych major as well so I'm very very well educated on all these topics :>

• Love
Reactions: deporitaz

Sifyro

It's very well sourced so I tend to throw it at people a lot :'D this sort of thing is rooted in a very nasty history that people are very much not aware of.

OP asked not to go on about it more here (even though the thread was about complaints re: ableism... so I complained about ableists). If you want, I can help in DMs! Message me and I can give you my discord? Or my telegram is @somekh too! I'm a psych major as well so I'm very very well educated on all these topics :>
Wow thanks, i would appreciate a discord talk :D

Mementos

Meme Machine
Staff Team Lead
While we do appreciate the fact that there was encouragement of discussing personal experiences with mental and emotional complications, unfortunately this thread is going to be locked. There has been a lot of back-and-forth arguments in this thread that involved certain groups of plurality being thrown under the bus, and an uncomfortable amount of syscourse was brought to light as a result of this.

Please, in the future when making threads such as this, try to refrain from derailing the discussion, and keep things healthy. We do not wish for individuals to be harmed when attempting to discuss personal matters, and would rather have things be respectful for everyone across the board, no matter who they are. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.