the general optimism/positive news/good news thread

WolfBoi

Too bad US is still ruled by that ugly wig dude. Once we push him off the buttons, then REAL change can happen.

WolfBoi

I severely doubt Biden will change things, but baby steps. Gotta get rid of the mango-colored Mussolini first.
I mean Biden's a bit rusty on the clock lol. The Dems should have nominated someone a bit younger, really. 

I mean Biden's a bit rusty on the clock lol. The Dems should have nominated someone a bit younger, really. 
It’s why I supported Tulsi. But as I expected, she wasn’t too popular with the DNC. She was too adamant about doing it her way instead of their way, so she didn’t get enough support to go on, as I expected. I mean hey, at this point, I’m used to supporting candidates who’ll have a high chance of dropping out because they want to do it their way instead of the geezer overlords who rule their respective parties’ way. Either that, or because they were a 3rd party/independent, like me, so they don’t have organised crime-levels of support like with them Democrips, and Rebloodlicans

Perot for president 1992 forever

- Xi Yao

Last edited by a moderator:

SamWamm

Economic Superconductivity is now available.

This will reduce energy wastage right across the telecommunications and power supply networks of the developed world.

"Why should I care?" I hear you ask.

Because for the first time ever the planet has the potential to run entirely on renewable resources.

This could undo centuries of environmental damage via air pollition and toxic waste allowing nature to recover from the impact humanity has caused.

We may very well have prevented the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

M1L35 M4R54L15

This was likely the worst inauguration in US history. The fact that 99% of the attendees were national guards looks extremely fascistic.
There was this riot/insurrection in the Capitol on January 6th where there were threats of violence, you see ...
This was such a good speech from the poet laureate, Amanda Gorman.

Edit: Apparently she's got more!
She did steal show. I liked the lyrical flow she had and apparently she has already gotten a job offer!

alyazabirze

City Council approves purchase of North Austin hotel to house homeless

austin, texas's city council just took some funding out the police budget to buy a hotel for homeless people to live in

Council approved the purchase of both the Candlewood Suites and Texas Bungalows Hotel & Suites in North Austin.

The nearly $16 million purchase funded through the city's Housing and Planning Department will help to house 150 people.
while this is still nowhere near enough to deal with all of austin's homeless, it sets a pretty good precedent